Anna Hurley – 1st grade teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 20 years
- Previously: 7 years in Preschool/Pre – K
- Colleges attended: Mercyhurst College BA Special Education; Nazareth College Masters in Early Childhood Education.
I worked in Rochester for 10 years with adults with developmental disabilities and 7 years at Keuka Lake School in Penn Yan. I’m married to Kayo Hull with 2 adult step children. This is my 12th year of teaching 1st Grade.
Community involvement: Involved in Our Lady of the Lakes Parish as Eucharistic Minister bringing communion to folks at S&S hospital and nursing homes. Member of the OLOL Liturgy Committee.
Grade 1 News
September 11 Patriot’s Day 9AM
September 15 Book order due
September 20 Picture Day (PK/K/1)
September 28 Open House
September 29 11AM Mass for Feast of St. Michael
Hot lunches start tomorrow.
Milk starts Wednesday 9/13.
If you have not already done so, please send in headphones, extra clothes, paint smocks and any other missing supplies.
Permission slip for Golf Club and order forms for 5th Grade fundraiser of St. Michael shirts, sweatshirts, and pants are being sent home tomorrow.
For the month of September we will be focussing on the following:
1) Adjusting to 1st grade, new routines and expectations.
2) Social Studies: History – Life in the early years of our country.
3) Science: Five Senses
4) Math: writing numbers, graphs, calendar, review of Kindergarten skills.
5) Religion: creation; caring for the world and each other.
6) ELA: review of Kindergarten; handwriting; leveled reading and comprehension.
PE days: Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Library: Thursday; Library books stay at school
Spanish: Tuesday; Music: Wednesday
Students can bring toys from home for indoor recess but we are not responsible if they get lost or broken.
Have a good week,