Gail Viele – Pre-K teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 11 years
- Previously: Taught 5 years in Grade 3
- Colleges attended: Cazenovia – AA in Early Childhood Education; Nazareth – BA in Psychology, Minor in Elementary Education; Elmira – MA in Elementary Education.
I love teaching Pre-Kindergarten students here at St. Michael’s! It is a pleasure to watch them develop and grow into active learners every year.
Teaching philosophy: Play is so crucial for 4-year-olds social/emotional development and the program we offer here allows them the opportunity to express themselves in active play. Being able to teach them more about God and how to live the way He wants us to is a bonus! We follow these simple yet great rules: Be kind, help one another and love your neighbor as yourself.
Pre-K News 9/22/2017
- Penn Yan Public Library Trips: Beginning next month, we will take monthly (walking) field trips to the library for story time. We will need one or two parents to join us from 1:30-2:30 on these trips. A permission slip will be sent home soon with dates and details.
- October Show and Tell theme: Anything fall related and/or Orange or black!
- We have been working on getting to know our classroom, our friends in our class and our school! The theme over the next two weeks is “Be a Good Friend.” The computer program we use at school is starfall.com and can be a fun resource to have at home as well.
- Our Scholastic book order form went home last week. If you would like to place an order, we will plan on sending it in by Sept. 29th. Thanks for helping our classroom earn great books! Remember to check out the website: scholasticreadingclub.com.
- Open House for the whole school is next Thursday (9/28) evening from 6:30-7:15. There is no formal presentation for Pre-K, just an opportunity for your child to show you his/her classroom and around the school J
Have a great fall(?) weekend!