Gail Viele – Pre-K teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 11 years
- Previously: Taught 5 years in Grade 3
- Colleges attended: Cazenovia – AA in Early Childhood Education; Nazareth – BA in Psychology, Minor in Elementary Education; Elmira – MA in Elementary Education.
I love teaching Pre-Kindergarten students here at St. Michael’s! It is a pleasure to watch them develop and grow into active learners every year.
Teaching philosophy: Play is so crucial for 4-year-olds social/emotional development and the program we offer here allows them the opportunity to express themselves in active play. Being able to teach them more about God and how to live the way He wants us to is a bonus! We follow these simple yet great rules: Be kind, help one another and love your neighbor as yourself.
Pre-K News 12/1/2017
- Show and Tell for December: “Favorite Things” (Books, toys, games, stuffed
animals, etc.) and/or things that begin with “S”.
- On Monday, Dec. 4th , we will have a visit from the PY fire truck (in the lot of
the parish center). Also, we will have a presentation by one of the fire
fighters in our classroom beginning at 9:15. This will conclude our unit on
- We will also be walking to the public library on Monday from 1:45-2:45.
- Rest blankets will go home next Wed. or Thursday to be washed. Please
send them back after the half-days! Sorry I forgot to send them over
- On Friday morning, Dec. 22, we will frost cookies in class to have for our
classroom Christmas party which will be from 1:45-2:45 on Friday, 12/22.
Please let me know if you are able to send in any one of the following by
1 dozen Christmas shaped cookies-undecorated
1 container of vanilla frosting
Apple or another juice
If you would like to send in another treat for our party (popcorn,
veggies/dip, or any other ideas, just let me know). We could use one or two
parent helpers that morning and all are welcome to join us for our party!
Thank you and have a great weekend!