Gail Viele – Pre-K teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 11 years
- Previously: Taught 5 years in Grade 3
- Colleges attended: Cazenovia – AA in Early Childhood Education; Nazareth – BA in Psychology, Minor in Elementary Education; Elmira – MA in Elementary Education.
I love teaching Pre-Kindergarten students here at St. Michael’s! It is a pleasure to watch them develop and grow into active learners every year.
Teaching philosophy: Play is so crucial for 4-year-olds social/emotional development and the program we offer here allows them the opportunity to express themselves in active play. Being able to teach them more about God and how to live the way He wants us to is a bonus! We follow these simple yet great rules: Be kind, help one another and love your neighbor as yourself.
Pre K News
- Show and Tell for the rest of March: Things that are GREEN or that remind you of spring, or things that begin with “E.”
- Mission Day is on Monday, March 19th from 9:30-11:30. We need 3-4 helpers to take our kids from room to room to take part in the fun games. Let us know if you are available to help us on that day.
- We will make snack on Wed. 3/28. If you can send in any of the following, please let me know:
1 bag of red grapes
1 bag of plain mini rice cakes
1 bag of pretzel sticks
1 container of raisins
- Our new theme is Pets! We have a veterinary clinic set up and work each day on constructing a pet store out of blocks. You may see some of our paintings of our favorite animals coming home or a drawing of an animal we wish we had! We are working hard at identifying the beginning sounds in words and at recognizing all our letters. Keep up the reading at home and send in your total minutes so we can add them to our class total.
- Reminder: No school Friday, 3/16 and half days on 3/19 and 3/20.
Have a nice weekend!