Gail Viele – Pre-K teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 11 years
- Previously: Taught 5 years in Grade 3
- Colleges attended: Cazenovia – AA in Early Childhood Education; Nazareth – BA in Psychology, Minor in Elementary Education; Elmira – MA in Elementary Education.
I love teaching Pre-Kindergarten students here at St. Michael’s! It is a pleasure to watch them develop and grow into active learners every year.
Teaching philosophy: Play is so crucial for 4-year-olds social/emotional development and the program we offer here allows them the opportunity to express themselves in active play. Being able to teach them more about God and how to live the way He wants us to is a bonus! We follow these simple yet great rules: Be kind, help one another and love your neighbor as yourself.
Pre-K News 5/30/2017
- June’s show and tell theme is “free choice!” Children may bring an object of their choosing to share.
- Zoo trip details: We will go RAIN or SHINE! Please dress your child for the weather (coats with hoods and rain boots or sneakers). Remember to send a disposable lunch and drink with your child’s name on it. We have 11 adults and 16 children going, so children will be well-chaperoned. Chaperones, please arrive by 8:30 as we plan to leave by 8:45. Those who normally ride the bus to school will need to be driven to school to ensure they are here in time.
- Summer birthdays will be celebrated in June. The snack calendar will go home tomorrow. If your child has a birthday in June, July or August, he or she can bring in a birthday treat on the date they are given, if desired.
- Reminders: Our class picnic at the Keuka Lake State Park is on Wednesday, June 14th and the last day for Pre-K is on Friday, June 16th.
Thanks and pray for a sunny day tomorrow!