Gail Viele – Pre-K teacher
- St. Michael School teacher: 11 years
- Previously: Taught 5 years in Grade 3
- Colleges attended: Cazenovia – AA in Early Childhood Education; Nazareth – BA in Psychology, Minor in Elementary Education; Elmira – MA in Elementary Education.
I love teaching Pre-Kindergarten students here at St. Michael’s! It is a pleasure to watch them develop and grow into active learners every year.
Teaching philosophy: Play is so crucial for 4-year-olds social/emotional development and the program we offer here allows them the opportunity to express themselves in active play. Being able to teach them more about God and how to live the way He wants us to is a bonus! We follow these simple yet great rules: Be kind, help one another and love your neighbor as yourself.
Pre-K News 4/28/2017
- May’s Show and Tell theme: Things that begin with “F” or things that are found in a forest (animals, plants, foods, etc).
- We are learning about Wild Animals and will be: learning /f/ sound, developing our estimation skills, putting syllables together to form words, and creating a wild animal habitat.
- Please help your child practice your phone number and home address if he or she is still learning them! Use tune of “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” for phone number: “536 6112, I can sing my phone for you.” For address, use tune of “The Muffin Man”: “214 Keuka St., Keuka St., Keuka St., 214 Keuka St., is where Susie lives.”
- Zoo Field Trip…I am still waiting to hear back from the Seneca Park Zoo about our date and am hoping for sometime in May. Details will go home as soon as we have them.
- Shorts may be worn to school and as long as shoes have straps and closed toes, sandals and crocs may be worn as well. Please send sneakers in for P.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Have a great “opening day of baseball” weekend!